Question Of The Day

So, a few weeks ago Melissa and I were on a Skype call while I was at work, since no one else was in the office that day. At one point, a client called on my real phone, so I just threw off the headphones to deal with the client's issues.

In the middle of the convo, a rather serious and dry one I might add, I noticed the chat window blinking on the Windows task bar. I clicked on it to see that Melissa had inexplicably sent me this emoticon:


What happened next I can't explain. For some reason, that flexing arm was about to completely compromise the professional conference I was having with my client. I could feel the laughter choking me, trying to escape. The whole time I was thinking "She has no idea what she just did. She totally fucked me. I. Am. So. Seriously. Fucked." I had to swivel the chair and turn away from the monitor, even pinching my arm to distract myself from having seen that goddamn emoticon. Within a few seconds I had it under control. The client then asked a question which required more research on my system. Naturally, I turned around and saw


because I fucking neglected to close the window - egregious pauses in the conversation attempting to bottle up the laughter. Eventually, I managed to stutter out that I would research items and call back. Then, I was able to reapply the headphones and laugh uncontrollably for the next hour.

Thus, we have today's question: What situation do you recall where you either almost laughed or let it all out when you know you shouldn't have?

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus