Checking In With Fibby

Back in July, we were treated to a rare interview from Fibby, the defibrillator currently residing in Dick Cheney. In that interview, Fibby made a passionate plea to be relocated to a new host, and go back to a regular working schedule.

The other day, I saw footage of the Veep fading out and back in during a boring Bush cabinet meeting. Curiosity got the best of me, so I reached out to Fibby to see if that was its handiwork in the footage. Not only was it Fibby, but it even agreed to stop by for a few words. Below is the transcript.

SC: Welcome, Fibby, to our humble abode on the web. It's great to hear from you again.

F: Thanks, thanks a lot. Before we go any further, I'd just like to say that I read a lot of blogs. I think that Shakesville is definitely the best one out there. Ever. I mean it.

SC: Wow. Thanks a bunch, Fib. I'm sure Melissa will be really happy to hear that.

F: No problem. Thanks for having me.

SC: OK, so let's get to the matter at hand. When we last heard from you, there were plans on getting a petition going to transplant you from Dick Cheney to a new host. What happened with that project?

F: Lemme tell ya, Cowboy, that battery thing was really a wake up call for me. Quality of life, ya know? So anyway, I started the petition and the initial response was pretty good. But within a week things slowed down and I just didn't have enough signatures to make it happen.

SC: Had to stay put, eh?

F: Yeah... There was no getting around it, so I decided to make the best of it. Truth be told, I did feel better after the new battery went in. After a little while, Dick stabilized somewhat so I was able to slowly get back to my old routine.

SC: And the iTunes downloads?

F: Ha! Well, that library is gettin' big now that the downloads don't crap out every five minutes.

SC: And what happened yesterday?

F: That? Run of the mill stuff. I caught him shuttin' down pretty early, so I threw in the zap and he's good to go again.

SC: We're really glad to see you're in good spirits and back at the top of your game.

F: Thanks, I really appreciate it. You folks take care, now!

SC: Will do - and thanks for stopping by. Don't be a stranger!


Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus