Can someone explain to me…

…why the fuck Home Depot needs a "sister store" in the first place? If they want to compete with Lowe's with a "neat and clean" store that features "flower bouquets, well-lit bathroom and kitchen displays, stylish home furnishings and stacks of floral-print storage bins" showcased with "expanded showrooms, softer lighting and lower shelves," then do it, but that doesn't make it "Her Depot."

See, being one of the "hers" in question, I know that I can't put up my pretty pink curtains without scary man-tools, so Home Depot is still my fucking depot, too.

Actually, I think I'll just make Menard's my depot, thank you very much.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus