Zeppelin To Fly Once Again Over London



The song remains the same:
Rock legends Led Zeppelin were set to announce a one-off comeback concert on Wednesday nearly three decades after disbanding. [...] Bonham’s son Jason is expected to wield the drum sticks for the band known to many fans simply as Zep.

Rounding out Led Zeppelin, rated the best ever hard-rock band by U.S. channel VH1, would be its classic founding trio of singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones.
I think it's unrealistic to expect Jimmy's speed licks, along the lines of his Heartbreaker solo, but this is still pretty big news. And, if you look at a recent picture of Jimmy Page, I think it's safe to say he is closer to looking like The Hermit from the Zoso album than ever before. I'm not expecting Plant's voice to be ideal either. My faith is placed in the rhythm section of little Bonham and John Paul Jones. I guess being a drummer makes me biased that way, but hey - I always say that John Bonham had the best bass drum technique in the business.

I have never seen Zeppelin before John Bonham's death, but I did manage to catch the Page/Plant tour in the 90's. That was a fantastic show. Hearing all the great tracks was one thing, but the addition of the Egyptian ensemble during Four Sticks and Kashmir was beyond the beyond.

While I've had other bands of worship over the years, I've always loved Zeppelin. The very first planetarium laser show I ever attended was Laser Zeppelin at the Hayden Planetarium in New York. Of course, that led to Laser Floyd, which subsequently led to weekly outings to NYC and getting wasted during a night of laser activity. But I digress.

None of us will be able to get tickets to this gig, but I'll post again after the cable broadcast so we can compare notes.



ZEPPELIN!!


[H/T to Mr. Shakes - The biggest Zep fan in the world!]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus