Just Watch

MediaCurves.com had 300 Americans watch Michael Vick's apology and rate his sincerity as they watched. Make sure you watch the whole thing, because the best bit is at the very end.


Transcript is below for my Shaker Deafies (and I apologize, as always, for the crappy bits in the transcript, but I am, of course, a half-deafy myself). Thanks again goes to Shaker Kate.

Vick: You know, I understand it's important, or not important, you know as far as what you say, but how you say things, so, you know, I take this opportunity just to speak from the heart. First I want to apologize, you know, for all the things that I've done and that I've allowed to happen. I want to personally apologize to [Commissioner Someone, Someone Else, Coach Somebody,] my Atlanta Falcons teammates, you know, for our previous discussions that we had, and I was not honest and forthright in our discussions, and I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself, to say the least. I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts, and, you know, what I did was, what I did was very immature, so that means I need to grow up. I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward [to something better for?] Michael Vick the person, not the football player. I take full responsibility for my actions. For one second will I sit right here, not for one second will I sit right here and point the finger and try to blame anybody else for my actions and what I have done. I'm totally responsible. Those things just didn't have to happen. I feel like we all, we all make mistakes; just I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions, and those things, you know, just can't happen. Dogfighting is a terrible thing and I did reject it. I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I've found Jesus and I asked him for forgiveness and I just turned my life over to God. I think that's the right thing to do as of right now.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus