Bush: "I Really Mean It This Time"


In what's become a traditional pose, Preznit stood among the remains of yet another mess, this time in Minnesota, to tell everyone what he does and doesn't promise:
I make no promises on the timetable. I do promise that Mary Peters, the Secretary of Transportation, is going to be in charge of this project. I do promise she's going to listen to the local authorities to find out what the folks here need. I do promise that when she sees roadblocks and hurdles in the way of getting the job done, she'll do everything she can to eliminate them.
Translation:
I promise to stand in front of the collapsed bridge in such a way so as to make me look really cool. I promise to delegate this entire project to someone else so I don't have to deal with it. I promise to be happy when things go wrong because the person I've delegated will be responsible, not me. I promise to brush my teeth before bed.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus