Question of the Day

Recently at the Meeting of the Shakers, I brought up this little segment from Sesame Street, "The King of Eight." It's a fantastic little jazzy stop-motion animated segment. I used to love this as a kid, but at the very end of it, there's this absolutely horrifying jester thing that gets right up in the camera, screeching and gibbering. I remember I would sit with my hand on the volume control, enjoying the segment, and when he would come on, I'd turn the volume down all the way and look away from the television until I was sure he was gone.



So Shakers, what weird, innocent things scared the bejeezus out of you when you were a kid?

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus