WTF?

No, no, surely not, no. The Republican Party is not a party of racists. It’s just coincidence that yet another douchebag has said something completely ridiculous about people of color and he, too, happens to be a member of the Grand Old Party. Meet Tramm Hudson, currently the frontrunner for the Congressional seat vacated by Katherine Harris:

I grew up In Alabama, and I understand, and I know this from my experience, but blacks are not the greatest swimmers or may not even know to swim.
(Watch the video here.)

Tell that to Enith Brigitha.

Hudson later made a statement of apology:

I said something stupid. I apologize for it and would apologize in person to anyone hurt by my comments. To those who are understandably offended, you have my deepest apologies and I want you to know that it was out of character for me and those who know me know that to be a fact. This was a thoughtless remark that does not reflect my lifetime commitment to treating everyone fairly and without bias. I apologize to everyone who is offended by this comment.
Isn’t is always just totally out of character? Don’t people who know these pricks always vouch for what splendid egalitarians they are? Yeesh.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus