Question of the Day

We’ve done this one before, but it was fun the last time around and there are always new faces to consider. Are there any celebrities whom you are often told you resemble?

I’m too fat, quite honestly, to be told I resemble any celebrities very often. There just aren’t that many overweight actresses. But those who fancy British comedy often tell me I resemble Dawn French, who is living, sexy, voluptuous proof that big can be beautiful, and I consider the comparison blushingly flattering.


Dawn on the left; Shakes on the right.

Mr. Shakes is a dead ringer for Louis CK., except that Mr. S. still has a full head of curls.


Mr. S. on the left; Louie on the right.

(As an aside, I had to argue endlessly with Mr. Shakes to allow me to post that picture of him. He claims he looks “like a bucket of monkey-spunk.” Wev. I love that picture of him.)

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus