Best Headline Ever

Mountain Resembles Breasts.

A mountain in China looks like a pair of breasts.

The mountain, located 12km north of Zhenfeng town in the Guizhou province, is known locally as dual breast mountain.

The mountain is used as a place of worship by the community.

So, here’s what I love about this story. They’re mountains, right?—so presumably they’re been there for, oh I don’t know, millions of years. What made today the day to publish the story about how they resemble a set of breasts? Was it kept on the back burner for a slow news day, or did they rush it to press (as it were) on the day it came in? LOL. These are the things that amuse me.

Those mountains, by the way, remind me of a pair of buildings in Lafayette, IN which are two domed buildings topped by round, domed skylights. When we used to travel regularly to Lafayette, which is where my grandmother lived, I always used to think those buildings were hilariously inappropriate. (I think they may have been a women’s health center, no less.) I tried to find a picture of them, but couldn’t. I don’t even know if they’re still there, but they were a great source of amusement to me when I was 10.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus