Actual Headline

Tax Cuts May Come At a Price, Study Says—“The federal government will need to either cut spending or raise taxes down the road to pay for extending President Bush's recent tax cuts, the Treasury Department said in a report released yesterday, dismissing the idea popular with many Republicans that such sacrifices can be avoided.”

At first, I wondered if it was just because I’m such an inveterate progressive that I reacted to this with a bitter laugh and a huge duh. But then I thought, no. It’s because I have two little things called logic and basic math skills, neither of which I’m willing to dispose of to live in some ludicrous fantasy world.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus