Question of the Day

Do you believe in ghosts (or spirits, or whatever your preferred term)? Does your belief or lack of belief in ghosts correlate with religious belief? Ever had any experiences with ghosts, or something awfully strange you can't explain in that general area?

My answers are no, no, and yes. One of my aunts was much older than her husband (my dad's brother). She'd had a previous husband who died, and she and my uncle both believed he haunted their house. We'd be sitting in the living room downstairs, and it would sound like there was someone stomping back and forth across the floor upstairs, even though no one was up there. My aunt would yell up to him, "Knock it off! You're bein' agitatin'!" and then it would stop. I always found it rather amusing, and completely unexplainable.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus