Leaky McLeakerson


I am authorized to do any goldurn thing I wants ta.
Now sleep... sleeeeep!

So, Prezint Dribblelips finally ambled his way in front of a camera and made some statements about the pre-war intelligence leak that he authorized. That's right, true believers, we have confirmation. I'm sure you're all amazed.
WASHINGTON - President Bush said Monday that he declassified sensitive prewar intelligence on Iraq back in 2003 to counter critics who claimed the administration had exaggerated the nuclear threat posed by Saddam Hussein.
He slid into his favorite tactic; speaking to the American People as if they were idiots. Most likely doing this, as people smarter than myself have pointed out, because that is how he has things explained to himself. (Check the video link at the bottom; the guy is such a condescending prick.)
"I wanted people to see the truth and thought it made sense for people to see the truth," Bush said during an appearance at Johns Hopkins University's Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies.

"You're not supposed to talk about classified information, and so I declassified the document," he said in a question-and-answer session after delivering a speech on Iraq. "I thought it was important for people to get a better sense for why I was saying what I was saying in my speeches. And I felt I could do so without jeopardizing ongoing intelligence matters, and so I did."
Okay, if you're all quite finished laughing yourself sick over Bush's ironic use of "the truth"... hey... calm down.. all right, that's enough, you two! Don't make me separate you! I'll turn this car around right now, and then no one gets to go to Great America!
Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., sent a letter to Bush on Monday asking him for details about how the document was declassified. "There are many questions that the president must answer so that the American people can understand that this declassification was done for national security purposes, not for immediate political gain."
But it was done for political gain, Blanche, it was! I wouldn't expect Stumbly McMushmouth to be able to explain that without at least another week of coaching from Rove. How long did it take him to finally come out and make this statement? The guy needs to be prepared, after all... unless of course he's wearing his Captain Rocketman "Feed Me The Answers, Karl" earpiece.
On Sunday, Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said Bush and Cheney should speak publicly about the CIA leak case so people can make their own judgments about what happened. But Bush said he can't talk about an ongoing legal proceeding.

"You're just going to have to let Mr. Fitzgerald complete his case," Bush said. "And I hope you understand that. It's a serious legal matter that we've got to be careful in making public statements about it."
Okay, first of all, Dick Cheney doesn't speak to anyone. They had to put a chain through the ring in his nose just to drag him out in front of the cameras after he shot someone in the face. Second, as far as this "can't talk about an ongoing legal proceeding" that we're all getting very sick of hearing, it's about time to take that talking point out back and shoot it. I'm just waiting for Bush to blurt, "When I said that I didn't know anybody in my Administration who leaked any information, I gotta admit that I had no idea that I was still in my Administration."

(R-A-G-G, M-O-P-P, cross-post!)

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus