Emanuel’s Ode to the GOP

This is linked below, but I just wanted to post it in its entirely, because, between this and yesterday’s DNC press release, it really looks like someone has started putting a shot of espresso in the Dems’ morning coffee—and lord knows we’ve waited for it long enough!

Read on the floor of the House:

Mr. Speaker, investigators have recently uncovered a letter from the Republican Leadership to special interest lobbyists -- I'd like to share it with you today.

Dear K Street Lobbyists,

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth of thy oil wells,
For thou shall have $14.5 billion to drill them.
I love thee to the heights of thy drug profits,
For the Medicare bill gives you $139 billion.
I love thee for thy golf courses, and for thy private jets.
I love thee for thy donations, libations, and vacations.
For now we must part, and I'll call it reform,
But remember, in December, once we get past November,
The travel ban expires, and I'll meet you at the tees.

Yours forever, 'cause I can't quit you,
"The Republican Congress."
Love it!

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus