The decider-in-chief makes some decidings.

During his remarks this morning, in which he nominated Rob Portman as OMB Director to replace Josh Bolten (who was promoted after Andy Card's departure and is now fixin' to clean house), the President was asked what he would say to critics who believe he's ignoring the advice of retired generals regarding Rumsfeld. He replied:

I say, I listen to all voices, but mine is the final decision. And Don Rumsfeld is doing a fine job. He's not only transforming the military, he's fighting a war on terror. He's helping us fight a war on terror. I have strong confidence in Don Rumsfeld. I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of Defense.
All right then. Can't argue with the decider, I guess.

I'm a little concerned about his hearing "the voices," though. Somebody get him back on his meds, stat.

(Hat tip Agitprop; crossposted at AlterNet PEEK.)

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus