New Horrors in New Orleans

Pam’s got two good posts you’ve got to read today. First, undocumented workers are essentially being enslaved by no-bid contract beneficiary Halliburton/KBR doing the post-Katrina clean-up effort. Secondly, New Orleans residents returning home to the ninth ward are discovering the dead bodies of their relatives. Heartbreaking:

So, I'm thinking that, OK, I was going to come and salvage a few pictures or something. And I walk in here. I found my grandma on the floor dead.
As you may recall, the search for bodies was called off on October 3, because there were, so we were told, no more bodies to be found.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus