The Lord Made Me Do It

Okay

Foreign Minister Shaath declares: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"
Thanks a lot, God.

You know, the only thing I can conclude from this is that God is very inconsistent. He sends his son to earth to go on and on about helping the poor, but never mentions fighting poverty to his modern-day prophet, ol’ George. Instead, it’s all about fighting terrorists. Meanwhile, the terrorists are saying that God is telling them to kill the infidels. I just don’t get this God fella at all. He really needs to make up his mind.

Either that, or our president is in dire need of some antipsychotics.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus