Moist Panties

Political Wire:
As Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) "ratchets up her attacks on President Bush, some Democrats think they smell an explanation: the threat of a 2008 Al Gore presidential bid that could come at her from the left on Iraq," the New York Post reports. "The former vice president is suddenly re-emerging as a vocal and visible Bush-basher -- he's slated to star at a Democratic National Committee fund-raiser for big donors in Washington next Tuesday."
(Thanks, Agi.)

Oh, pleasepleaseplease dear Kerbibblywinks let it be true!

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn’t also include this:
"Close to a zero-percent chance."

— Al Gore, quoted by Time magazine, on the probability he'll ever run for elective office again
At the time I read that back in August, I wondered what percent delusional it made me that I read it and thought, He’s not saying no! I estimated that whatever slim margin separated Gore from zero percent, that was approximately the same thin sliver that stood between me and 100% delusional.

But I still steadfastly refused to give into the possibility that he won’t ever be my president…and maybe, just maybe, there’s reason to hold out hope….

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus