The 11 Most Heinous Headcases in America

Oliver Willis:
These eleven congressmen, Republican conservatives all, just voted against the $51 billion package (H. R. 3673) for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Horrible human beings, all.

Rep. Joe Barton - TX
Jeff Flake - AZ
Virginia Foxx - NC
Scott Garrett - NJ
John Hostettler - IN
Steve King - IA
Butch Otter - ID
Ron Paul - TX
James Sensenbrenner - WI
Tom Tancredo - CO
Lynn Westmoreland - GA
(Hat tip Ezra.)

I’m not surprised in the least to see the contemptible Hostettler (with whom I’m embarrassed to share a state) on that list, nor the depraved Sensenbrenner and detestable Tancredo. The rest I know nothing about, although I’m sure if I did, I’d wish to be back in my current state of ignorant bliss about what hideous piles of excrement they are.

Ezra thinks this lot “no longer want their jobs,” but I’m afraid such wanton disregard for the needs of a group that is largely poor and black will only endear them to their equally hateful constituents.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus