Friday Night Name That Movie

Okay, this was a tough one; I really had to plumb the depths of my encyclopedic knowledge of movie quotes this time, and I will admit that one of the quotes was so vague in my mind, I had to consult IMDb to get the exact wording.

This week, there’s a catch. See if you can figure out, in addition to from which movies these quotes come, what they all have in common. Have fun!

1. You're a genius, and the proof is that both common people and intellectuals find your work completely incoherent—means you're a genius.

2. When the bat meets that ball and you feel that ball just give, you know it's going to go a long way. Damn, if you don't feel like you're going to live forever.

3. Come on, Hitler—I'll buy you a glass of lemonade.

4. I have great fear of tools. I once made a birdhouse in woodshop and the fair housing committee condemned it.

5. You hooked me like a fish, Bender. You scaled me, you gutted me, you stuffed me and fried me, chewed me up, swallowed me, and shat me out again!

6. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?

7. You don't know how lucky you are being a monkey, because consciousness is a terrible curse.

8. Didn't you ever get really shitfaced and maybe make a complete fool of yourself and still have an excellent time?

9. Hi. I'm…uh…I'm a pet psychiatrist. I sell couch insurance. Mm-hmm…and I…and I test-market positive thinking! I lead a weekend men's group; we specialize in ritual killings.

10. I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and, frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my gut has shit for brains.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus