I’ve Been Tagged…

...by Yelladog. Here goes:

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

A. Start smoking.
B. Delete a novel I’d written in a fit of pique.
C. Marry the wrong person (not Mr. Shakes; someone else long ago).

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

The same people who have had for many years. Those roles rarely change, unless it's adding someone new who has touched me in some way.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?

A. My maternal grandfather
B. William Shakespeare
C. Aristophanes
D. Shirley Chisholm
E. Oscar Wilde

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

A. Bush and his entire band of neo-con, false Christian, anti-patriots out of office and politics forever.
B. A viable and competitive progressive party.
C. A true melting pot.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live a the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Regret not having:

1. Class
2. Style

Avoid:

1. Coming in the first place.
2. Talking to any of the locals.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Bailing on work with my friend and former coworker Miller one day in 1999, to hang out at my place and watch an Eddie Izzard video. She loved him immediately, and joined an Eddie Izzard eGroup for fans, where she met a Londoner called Andy. When she went to Britain later that year, she met him in person and decided he and I would be great friends, and virtually introduced us upon her return. She was right about the two of us, and he became one of my best friends, not to mention my first friendship that originated online. If I hadn’t had that relationship with him already, I doubt I ever would have given much credence to the possibility that people could forge a bond over the internet—which probably means Mr. Shakes and I wouldn’t be together today. It was also on one of my trips to London to hang out with Andy that I met Mr. Shakes for the first time in person. All because of an Eddie Izzard video.

7. Tag 5 people.

As always, Pam, followed by Kathy Flake, The Green Knight, The Heretik, and Lance Mannion.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus