A Corporation with a Heart

So, American Airlines has given DeLay $5,000 toward his legal defense, because:
We were told that Mr. DeLay, a member of Congress from our headquarters state was facing substantial legal bills that he was unable to pay personally because of their size and his limited resources.
Cool.

Dear American Airlines,

I’m not from your “headquarters state,” but I have given you significant amounts of money in the form of international airfares in the past. Currently, however, I’m unable to pay personally for an overseas ticket, because of its size and my limited resources.

Knowing that you generously contribute $5,000 to people with such problems is awesome. I’m really looking forward to traveling to Edinburgh business class for a change! It’s nice to know you feel that my ass is too precious for coach, too.

Love,
Shakespeare’s Sister


Now if only I can find someone who will pay for a round of golf at St. Andrews while I’m there…

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus