Back to Life, Back to Reality

I’m back. Had a week off, and I feel like I’m returning with renewed energy.

I tried to stay away from the news as much as possible, but I have been following the news about the tsunamis. We had a few days of worry about Mr. Shakes’ uncle, who was traveling abroad and was finally able to make a call to assure everyone he was still alive.

I am still waiting to hear from a friend who is teaching English in that part of the world. My hope is that limited internet access has hindered communication. While I hold out hope, my heart goes out to those for whom hope is no longer a luxury, who have received the news no one wants to hear.

Where are you, Paul?

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus